Friday, July 22, 2011

Quilt Back and Basting

Thank you everyone for the kind words about my quilt top. I've had amazing feedback :) I took all of the strips that were left over from the top...

Color Scraps

and sewed them together to make this pretty strip to go on the back.

Quilt Back

Then I was ready to baste that sucker! This is the setup I had going on.

Quilt Basting

I clamped it down onto the dining room table and pinned away! It only took about an hour to get the whole thing done with my mom helping me. Now it's ready to be quilted!

Since I'm approaching the end of this project, I'm thinking about joining the Garden Fence Quilt Along with McIntyre Girl.


I've been wanting to make this quilt anyway, and the timing is perfect! I have this Santorini Layer Cake by Lila Tueller plus some leftovers from my first quilt that I think would be perfect.

Santorini Layer Cake

It just looks like a garden, doesn't it?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment