Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hollow Blocks Quilt Top

I finished the quilt top! Yay! I got outside and took a couple of pictures just before it started to rain.

Hollow Blocks Quilt Top

Hollow Blocks Close Up

It's queen sized - 90" x 96" (theoretically). It took one Kona classics jelly roll, one Kona brights jelly roll, and 6 yards of Kona natural. That should be approximately 80 different colors! I also used a little bit of orange dots from Summer SOng bu Riley Blake. I did a decorative stitch in orange thread to match the back which is going to be orange with a strip of the remaining color scraps. The binding is going to be more strips from the jelly rolls which I had set aside.

I was inspired by this quilt which is based off of this pattern. I made my own paper piecing pattern which you can get here.

And since it's Wednesday, I thought I'd add this to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced! This is my first time, so I hope I'm doing it right!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! It is so bright! Thanks for the links to the pattern, it is one I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute quilt!! Such a striking looking quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love this colorful quilt - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks great! i love that you did non-standard borders and sashing. i can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Gosh! this is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your quilt is beautiful! It's so fun and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love! That is a seriously gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, I love that you also said what was your inspiration and then put your own twist on it, thanks for entering my giveaway im now following you too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt is amazing. I'd start one today except for a log jam of projects to finish first!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt! It's so fun and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb quilt, Jessica. Love the colors you used, it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous - I love solids quilts and this is so bright and bold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete