Monday, July 18, 2011

My First Swap

On a whim, I signed up for the Rainbow Charm Swap at Ellison Lane Quilts. I've never done a swap before, but it is so fun! There are 56 members, we each get assigned one of eight colors, and you have to buy one yard of two different patterns in your color. Then you cut each one into 56 charms, mail them on over, and get back 112 lovely charms in all shades of the rainbow! We have a Flickr group, and you're supposed to post your fabric picks on there so there are no duplicates. It is so exciting see what everyone else picked and what I'm going to be getting! My color was red. I had great ideas of what to get for every color except red. It's not a color I usually go for. I'm not even sure I have a single piece of red fabric. I played around with the color grid at Hawthorne Threads, and came up with these...

Tiles in garnet

Manufacturer: Robert Kaufman
Designer: Robert Kaufman House Designer
Collection: Metro Living
Print Name: Tiles in Garnet

Free as a Bird

Manufacturer: Cloud 9
Designer: Heather Moore
Collection: Cut Out & Keep
Print Name: Free as a Bird in Crimson

Rainbow Charm Swap

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment