Thursday, June 30, 2011

144 Blocks

Finally something quilt related! I finished making the hollow block squares for my solid colors quilt today.

Hollow Blocks

That's 144 blocks made out of 36 different colors! I got kind of bored and tired of making these blocks, so I did some highly scientific number crunching and completely redesigned the quilt!

Number Crunching

Number Crunching

(Don't worry, I normally draw much better than this!) I'm going to alternate two rows of hollow blocks with three rows of these color strips and have a strip of Kona natural in between.

Color Strips

It's kind of hard to describe, but it makes sense in my head. I'll probably cut the strips into 12 inch long pieces. I'm going to piece together the leftover scraps and use them in the back of the quilt along with a pretty solid color (maybe like aqua blue).

Color Scraps

Time to start piecing the blocks together!

No comments:

Post a Comment