Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pajama Quilt

This is a little side project I'm working on. I've been cutting up old pajama pants and shorts to make into a quilt. I think it will be soft and snuggly when it's finished. I'm cutting them into 5 inch strips. I'm planning on just doing a simple brick pattern where they are all the same height but are varying widths. It is a little tedious cutting the strips, but I think it will go fast sewing them together. I can't decide whether I want to incorporate the pockets into it.

DSC_0157

Gutermann seems to be the thread of choice for many bloggers out there. I went to our local Hancock Fabric store last night to pick up some zippers for another project and I was suprised to see Gutermann threads sitting right there across from the zippers! I bought one to match my Kona natural fabric in my color blocks quilt, so I'll see how it works out. I'm pretty impressed that it is 800 yards long too. That means it should last a while.

DSC_0160

No comments:

Post a Comment