Monday, June 6, 2011

Rainbow Jelly Rolls

I got some fat quarter bundles and jelly rolls for Christmas, but I hadn't really had time to do anything with them.

Pretty copy

I was admiring this quilt the other day, and inspiration struck in the middle of the night! What I love about the quilt is the bright, rainbow of colors. So I thought this would be a good way to display my rainbow jelly rolls. It is based off of this free pattern. I'm going to go with 5 inch squares, and I made my own pattern to paper piece the blocks because I'm still not confident in my ability to sew a straight line ;-) I can get 4 squares out of each color with a little 1 inch strip left over. I'm thinking I can use the scraps to make some kind of border or in the binding. I've done 3 colors so far. The background is Kona Natural.

DSC_0147 copy

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment